Teradata SQL Assistant
Teradata SQL Assistant (TSA), as part of Teradata Tools and Utilities (TTU), is an ODBC-based client utility used to access and manipulate data on ODBC-compliant database servers
TSA for Windows:
Teradata SQL Assistant is an information discovery tool designed for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Teradata SQL Assistant retrieves data from any ODBC-compliant database server. The data can then be manipulated and stored on the desktop PC.
Teradata SQL Assistant for Microsoft Windows, originally called "Queryman" (before V. 6.0)or "QueryMan" (V. 6.0 and up), is also known as "SQLA" among programmers. It supports import / export tasks, but not the serious ones.
With its user-friendly GUI, TSA for Windows is generally oriented to business users and casual data consumers. (Refer to BTEQ for comparison.) .
The key features of Teradata SQL Assistant are:
* Send queries to any ODBC database or the same query to many different databases;
* Export data from the database to a file on a PC;
* Create reports from any RDBMS that provides an ODBC interface;
* Import data from a PC file directly to the database;
* Use an import file to create many similar reports (query results or Answersets). For example, display the DDL (SQL) that was used to create a list of tables;
* Create a historical record of the submitted SQL with timings and status information such as success or failure;
* Use SQL syntax examples to tailor statements;
* Use the Database Explorer Tree to easily view database objects;
* Use a procedure builder that provides a list of valid statements for building the logic of a stored procedure;
* Limit data returned to prevent runaway queries.